Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl

I went to the library to pick out some comics for the week of women writers. I picked La Perdida - to get some practice on my spanish reading, and Daddy's Girl, cause I figured, I love my dad!

Well, I got caught up with other class work and work-work,and didn't even want to try reading in spanish, so I haven't looked at it yet. And Daddy's Girl.. I should have probably at least open the book before I check it out. I did not know that was the kind of daddy's girl the story was about. I was pretty shocked to see the father do his thing to his daughter right in the first few pages of the book!
I felt bad for the girl, having to deal with her father like that all those years, and even later on in high school with the other guys that raped her. I can't actually relate, but that fucking sucks.

However, I do still plan on reading La Perdida since its in Mexico and my family's Mexican!

No comments:

Post a Comment