Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Arrival

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I heard that it was wordless. I was confused as to how I was supposed to read a wordless novel, but I went and bought it anyways, and I'm glad I did. I'm a photography major so I saw the images kind of like pictures. It was odd at first, I tried to figure out what things meant and what things were, but I realized, I didn't have to try to figure it out in my own language because that's what life is really like for immigrants, I'm sure. Not having any idea what anything is.
I was confused about when he opened his luggage in his new place and his family was sitting at a table inside. That part confused me, but that was about it. I really enjoyed all the details in the images, Shaun Tan must have some imagination to come up with this new world like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment